Changing Bad habits
- Bad habits are those which we practice daily and affects us badly in our life. There is no doubt that every one of us has at least one bad habit as like eating more junk food, smoking, drinking, watching porn videos daily, nail-biting, sleeping more, etc.
- We daily try to stop all these bad habits but in reality, we have become so much addicted to all these bad habits that we are not able to get rid of it. This post helps you in changing bad habits and develop good habits.
Here you will find a simple way to break a bad habit but before that, this is very important to know:
Reason No. 1: Daily Repetition (Repeating your activities number of times just to hide your weakness and after daily repetition, they start getting converted into bad habits.)
Due to our bad habits, people also have to face various problems along with us and people also get to know about our weakness because of our bad habits.
- People do smoking or drinking especially when they are under stress or thinking about some problems.
- People do nail-biting when they feel nervous.
- And the most common one, you eat more junk food when you feel sad or lonely.
- The interesting thing is we practice all such activities number of times just to hide our weakness and when you practice such activities daily repeatedly, they start getting converted into bad habits. So the first reason for bad habits formation is “Daily Repetition”.
Note: Here you will find the ways to stop smoking and will get to know how to break bad eating habits.
Reason No.2: Positive Reinforcement ( After doing the bad habit first time, we feel very nice and then, doing that bad habits again and again.)
- The second main reason for the development of bad habits is “Positive Reinforcement”. You may find this word very attractive but in reality, it is very dangerous for you. Whenever you practice any bad habit activity for the first time then at that time your brain release “Dopamine” in you.
- Because of which you will feel very nice after practicing that bad habit for the first time and then that Dopamine generates Positive Reinforcement in you so that you practice that activities again and again. And as I have told for the first reason, when you practice that activities daily repeatedly its start get converting into bad habits.
- One more reason is there from which we easily develop any bad habit and that is our Adaptive nature. If we feel good or get some benefit due to any change or activity, we immediately adopt it.
- An interesting thing is that because of this adaptive nature only, we can stop any bad habits and can replace it with not so bad habits.
Note: Here you will find the tricks of changing bad habits and able to develop good habits.
So now I will tell you 4 simple commontricks from which you can stop and avoid any bad habits of your life and can develop good habits.
How to develop good habits or a simple way to break a bad habit.
Trick No. 1: Write all the bad habits and select the most important bad habit which needs to stop immediately.
Basically, there are two types of bad habits:
The first one is which affects our health like sleeping for long, nail-biting, masturbating daily etc and the second one is that which affect our financial condition along with our health as like smoking, drinking, eating junk foods, etc.
- You believe it or not but we all have both of this types of habits and many time we don’t know about it also. That’s why before knowing how to stop bad habits, firstly it is important to know what types of bad habits we have and the best method for to check this is writing.
- You just have to take a sheet of paper and have to write in it about all those activities which are becoming bad habits for you like smoking, nail biting, drinking alcohol, masturbation, junk food eating, waking up late, no daily exercise, etc and trust me you will be shocked to see the number of bad habits that you are practising in your life.
- Once you have completed writing all the bad habits in that paper then you have to select that one most important bad habit which needs to stop immediately and then according to that you have to follow the remaining trick. This is a simple way to break a bad habit.
Trick No. 2: Identify the trigger means identify that condition or situation which give rise to the development of bad habits.
Now here I am not talking about the trigger of a gun, here the trigger which I am talking about is related to your bad habits. Actually here trigger means that condition or situation which give rise to the development of bad habits.
- People do nail-biting when they feel too much nervous about something. Like students nail-biting when they are not prepared for any exam or test.
- You do more smoking or drinking when you have stress or tension of some work.
- You wake up late in the morning because you keep on completing your pending work until midnight.
- And to fulfill unwanted evening hunger, you eat lots of junk foods.
Note: Now this exam tension, stress, pending work and unwanted hunger are different forms of triggers and hence we develop different bad habits just to fulfill these triggers. So if you want to stop your bad habits then first you have to stop the triggers which develop these bad habits. This is the trick of changing bad habits and you will be able to develop good habits. This is also a simple way to break a bad habit.
Trick No. 3: Substitute or replace your bad habits with not so bad habits or some better habits.
As I have said in the previous trick that if you want to stop your bad habits then first you have to stop its triggers and the best way to do this is “Substitution”.
Basically, you can’t stop any bad habits, but you can break it and replace it with not so bad habits. So if you want to stop your bad habits then you have to replace it with some better habits. (how to develop good habits and changing bad habits)
Ways to stop smoking
- You have to prepare for studies before exam only so that you don’t bite your nails by getting nervous.
- If you want to eat something after getting nervous then eat raw vegetables like carrot and radish instead of nails which will give benefit to your health also.
- Do gym and meditation instead of smoking and drinking in order to reduce your stress (ways to stop smoking).
- Manage your time properly and make a proper work schedule so that you can complete your work on time and you don’t have to remain awake until midnight.
- Avoid big meals and instead of that have small meals after every 2 hours so that you can avoid junk food to satisfy your unwanted hunger (how to break bad eating habits).
- Now it may be possible that to adapt all this substitution, you might take some time but as I said earlier, with the help of daily repetition you can easily substitute your all bad habits with these better habits.
Note: These are the ways to stop smoking and a simple way to break a bad habit. This will help you in changing bad habits.
Trick No. 4: Gather your army means you have to spend most of your time with your family and friends so that they can stop you by doing any bad habit at that time.
- If you will take all efforts on your own to stop all bad habits then you will achieve. But it might take lots of time. So if you want to get rid of from all bad habits quickly then you have to make your army for this purpose.
- Now here the term “Army” doesn’t mean that you have to appoint soldiers for yourself. Here the term “Army” indicates your family and friends. You spend most of your time with your family and friends only and they are the one who knows you very well.
- Hence you have to give them a Rights that they can stop you and interrupt you if you are practicing any bad habit and at the same time, you have to obey their orders as well. Then only they will help you in this process with full interest.
- The benefit of doing this is that you will start avoiding all your bad habits because you will be alert all the time that your family and friends are observing you (a simple way to break a bad habit).
Note: And this will help you in how to break bad eating habits and help you in changing bad habits and develop good habits. And this is also a simple way to break a bad habit.
These are the 4 simple commontricks which can stop all your bad habits. If you will practice all these trick daily and if you will follow these commontricks daily then only you will prepare your brain for this more easily. So you have to mentally prepare your brain and yourself that you will stop all the bad habits of your life and instead of that you will develop good habits and changing bad habits. A simple way to break a bad habit.
And at last: Habits rule the unreflecting herd.
You can also see: How to get rich and become a millionaire